As a Fire and Explosion Safety Engineer, you will be providing support to the Engineering Manager during the development of fire and explosion strategies and risk assessments for submarine facilities and vessels.TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Taking a lead role across all fire and explosion safety risk assessment and compliance activities and co-ordinating the work programs of team members to meet strategic explosion safety objectives.
- Monitoring, recording and reporting against key performance indicators for fire and explosion safety through a variety of key stakeholder groups.
- Developing, producing and maintaining fire and explosion safety process documentation and management strategies
- Producing and reviewing fire and explosion strategies and risk assessments.
- Reviewing and supporting commissioning strategies for explosion safety systems.
- Producing proposals for packages of work.
- Reviewing of engineering documentation (relevant to fire and explosion safety).
- Providing support to regulatory inspection.
- Chairing fire and explosion safety workshops and working groups
- Seasoned in working in a fire and explosion safety engineering environment and applying various methods of hazard analysis.
- Fire risk assessment production including fire hazard identification and analysis (preferably from a high hazard industry).
- DSEAR risk assessment experience gained from a high hazard industry and understanding of hazardous area classification.
- A proven track record in implementing business processes to achieve strategic objectives.
- A passion for safety and open to developing new skills and undertaking further training in explosion risk management.