Job Title: Quantity Surveyor - Civil Engineering
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 + Package
Our client is a Civil Engineering sub-contractor specialising in deep drainage, ductile all aspects of civil engineering groundworks. They are looking to add a Quantity Surveyor to their team to work from their office in Wigan (site visits as required) working on projects in the North West.
* Assist in the preparation of cost monitoring indicators and monitor site performance on a weekly basis
* Attend and record start-up / progress meetings with Contractors ensuring key actions are captured and allocated.
* Prepare, submit and agree on monthly Payment Valuations
* Identification of all forms of variations to a Contract and Notification in accordance with the Contract
* Preparation and valuation of Change Requests for submission to the client in accordance with the Contract provisions
* Negotiation of Final Account settlements
* Evaluate and report contract commercial performance and financial recovery - Monthly & End Life
* Responsibility for contract administration
* A construction-based commercial qualification at degree level.
* Demonstration of previous experience as a Quantity Surveyor working within the construction, infrastructure and civil/building engineering sectors.
* Communication skills, both verbally and written
* Ability to develop close relationships - both internally and externally
* A well-organised and disciplined approach to work
* Confidence to work on own initiative with a positive attitude, planning and preparation skills
* NEC Contract experience
* Full UK Driving Licence