Our client is recruiting a Chartered Civils Lead to oversee the delivery of £30m heavy civils package on a large industrial project near Thurrock.
Reporting to a Head of Projects, you will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of all civil and structural works throughout procurement, engineering and construction activities. You will be required to coordinate with the Management Contractor, Project Team Technical Leads, Civil/Structural Contractors/Engineers and various other stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technical lead for all civil and structural related matters including coordination with Management Contractor
- Preparation of tender specifications and documentation by the Management Contractor relating to the design and construction of civil and structural works.
- Responsible for reviewing preliminary civil layouts, loads and cast in equipment requirements prepared by equipment suppliers.
- Responsible for the management and review of preliminary civil engineering performed by the Management Contractor
- Participation in technical and commercial assessment of tender submissions for civil and structural packages
- Participation in tender interviews and contract negotiations.
- Technical lead for reviewing all design submissions for civil and structural design and build contracts to ensure compliance with project specification
- Responsible for proactively troubleshooting any technical problems and coordinating with any affected stakeholders.
- Responsible for undertaking daily compliance, quality and health and safety inspections during construction.
- Degree qualified, Chartered Civil Engineer Professional Status and a Member of a relevant professional organisation (preferred)
- Demonstrable experience of leading technical teams to deliver industrial civil and structural works including piling, utility diversions, large RC structures
- Demonstrable experience of leading technical teams on projects over £20M
- Demonstrable experience of overseeing industrial civil and structural design and build contracts.
- Strong understanding of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
- Highly organised with demonstrable planning and delivery capabilities
- Understanding of budgets and financial responsibility
- Self-motivated, with initiative and a proactive approach
This will be site based at the project location from Mid 2023. Immediate location will be home based whilst in the consultation, design and procurement stage of the project. Our client is offering a competitive salary plus car allowance, medical cover, pension contribution and bonus. Please contact John Ashcroft for more information on