2020 Recruitment are looking for a Principal Civil and Structural Engineer for our multi national engineering client. This is a 6 month initial contract based in Hersham that could be extended.
Monday to Friday, Full time 8am til 5pm
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Support the Civil/Structural Manager with the Departments activities.
* Be the Lead Civil/Structural Engineer on a Project to manage the delivery of the civil and structural scope either by managing a team in house (UK or India), undertaking the work by self or executing using a local outsourcing design house.
* When using an external Design House:
* Be able to develop the scope of work for local outsource design house.
* Assess the suitability of the documentation to be issued to the local outsource designer for the detail design.
* Be able to monitor the detail design work outsourced to local designer to given time frame and to review the designer house's work to meet the Project's requirements.
* Involved in the execution strategies and upfront work for Basic Design to establish the design basis for the Civil and Structural scope. (Topological surveys, geotechnical investigations, drainage strategy, design basis statements, developing the construction estimates).
* Involvement with proposals for future work - estimating man hours, determine foundation types and quantities for construction costs.
* Provide guidance and oversight for ‘design and build' contracts for site buildings (e.g. compressor houses, non process site built buildings).
* Develop the scope of work for the civil and structural construction Contract. Provide technical support during bidding process and site Construction.
* Bring experience to suggest new economical ways in designing the work.
The Principal Civil/Structural Engineer shall hold an engineering degree in Civil Engineering and be a chartered engineer in a recognized Institution.
* Civil and Structural experience in a Process Design Industry is preferred.
* Min 5+ years' experience in a supervisory / Lead Engineer's role would be expected.
* Previous experience within Oil & Gas.
* Shall be thoroughly proficient in all the tasks and responsibilities below. Experience in the following would be expected.
* Foundation design both shallow and piled for a variety of structures - dynamic equipment e.g. compressors, building foundations (including underground services), static equipment and piperack structures.
* The structural design of steelwork such as piperacks and buildings.
* Understanding of geotechnical terminology and principles to use geotechnical data in soil reports and determine ground conditions and foundation types.
* Understand the duration for various civil and structural tasks in order to assist in preparation of project schedules and proposals.
* Design of modular structures (piping modules, equipment skids).
* Underground drainage experience.
* Manage resources to meet deliverable dates within hour allocation.
* Must have experience in the use of industry wide software package - STAAD-Pro.
* Must have extensive use of various international design standards - ACI AISC, IBC,ASCE, Eurocodes.
* Will be required to have a good approach to health and safety.
* Abilitity to work across multi discipline teams. He/she will be required to work independently representing the Civil Department and be effective in promoting and supporting all aspects of the work done in the Department.
* An all-round flexible Civil and Structural Engineer willing to commit time and effort to achieve project requirements.
* Able to work with different cultures around the world, in particular with offices in US, India and China.
* Prepared to travel when required, both to site and other engineering offices. Typically 6 -8 weeks per year on a planned basis.
* Require good communication skills in both verbal and written English