We are looking for a new team member to join the current structures team of 16 engineers and technicians at the Hemel Hempstead office. We work on a variety of projects large and small across most sectors including commercial, R&D, energy and residential and continue delivering exciting and interesting projects across the industry. Within these sectors we also work on new build and refurbishment projects. We work collaboratively with our other in-house teams to deliver structural and civil engineering, traffic and transport engineering, building surveying and geomatics. There is a strong and supportive team culture and many exciting projects to work on, which creates an environment for constant technical learning and strong career development
• Assist and carry out structural designs in steel, concrete, masonry and timber.
• Liaise with clients, project teams and local authorities.
• Work closely with other members of the team and report to the project director.
• Be able to enhance and promote the image of Glanville Consultants by their actions
• Responsible for the technical aspects of the projects.
• Prepare technical details for Architectural design and prepare technical specifications • Liaise and attend meetings with Architects, clients, subcontractors and other professionals whilst carrying out duties and at all times represent the business, in a professional and courteous way.
• Assessing the sustainability and environmental impact of projects. • Making sure the project complies with statutory requirements, especially health and safety.
Key skills & experience
• Design experience in all common building materials.
• An understanding of soil mechanics and foundation design.
• An ability to deal with clients with minimal supervision. • Be able to professionally represent the Company.
• Minimum qualification - degree in Structural or Civil Engineering
• Minimum of 2 years' post-qualification experience in relevant structural design
• An ability to prepare structural designs in all conventional materials and experience in refurbishment projects
• An ability to take a global view of structural design on a project, identifying potential problems and solutions and providing advice to clients on design options
• An ability to prepare schematic structural designs based on basic architectural layouts • An ability to speak clearly, confidently, professionally and convincingly at meetings and on the telephone
• An ability to write clear and concise e-mails, letters and reports
• An ability to work collaboratively as part of a team