UCC Environmental is a progressive well-run company, with excellent customer relationships and Utility specific sustainable technology solutions. It has developed a business strategy encompassing market growth through a variety of channels, including expanded International sales coverage. The Company has strong sales channels in North America, and currently possesses emerging sales channels in EMEA and Asia-Pacific (AP).
The focus of the position will be plan, organize, coordinate and prepare engineering analysis and design of structural and piping systems for assigned mid-sized structural engineering/design projects from pre-contract sales support to Order Release and through customer acceptance of deliverable ensuring that technical, quality, schedule and cost commitments are met.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated capabilities in collaborating with others to perform engineering tasks within a team environment. Work experience with a privately held company will be beneficial.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Structural Engineer will:
- Participate in the preparation of engineering analysis and design of structural systems for contracts in accordance with quality requirements. Incorporates the use of Structural Department standards, software and applicable design codes in the preparation of all design assignments and proposals to meet code requirements
- Monitors and controls all assigned design work for contracts in accordance with cost, schedule and quality requirements. Ensures any variance and scope changes are acted upon and documents in accordance with the cost management process
- Organizes, directs and coordinates all design assignment activities for contract and proposal work in accordance with Corporate Policies, Guidelines and Procedures Manual and Department requirements
- Maintains effective communication and working relationships within the department and between departments thus promoting a cooperative team atmosphere
- All other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering is required
- 2+ years structural engineering experience under the supervision of a Registered Professional Engineer
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of design and analysis methods for structural steel and reinforced concrete structures, International Building Code, AISC, ACI, AWS, OSHA and other applicable codes
- General business acumen
Certification and Licenses:
- Professional Engineering license preferred but not required
Characteristics and Skills:
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and deal with ambiguity and competing priorities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Essential Physical Abilities:
- Ability to sit or stand at a desk using a computer 80% of the time.
- Ability to travel 5% of the time to client sites
Core Values and Beliefs
Must be aligned with Core Values and Beliefs that drive UCC’s existing corporate culture;
- People – we trust and invest in our people, unlocking their full potential and they always come first
- Teamwork – we respect others and create a collaborative working environment of inclusion and inspiration
- Integrity – we are truthful and respectful to customers, employees, community and suppliers
- Customer Satisfaction – we keep existing customers by delivering exceptional customer service
- Innovative –we encourage resourceful problem solving in the face of adversity
UCC Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. If you have difficulty applying for this job by e-mail or need accommodations, please call us at 847-473-5900 and ask for Human Resources.