CDM Smith currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager within our West Transportation Group in Texas. In this position, you will work with a dynamic team to manage scope, schedule, and budget for roadway and highway design services for projects in the greater Texas region. This position will also assist in business development activities and proposal develop activities. CDM Smith has been providing transportation services to our clients for 75 years. Our services have spanned the areas of concept, planning and design for CE&I, roadway/highway design, corridor studies, planning services, pricing, traffic & revenue, operations, feasibility, and technology projects.
For more information about our Project Management roles, tools and culture, please visit this website https://bit.ly/2UC8V16.
** We are open to considering candidates for this position who are located in anyone of our CDM Smith offices in Texas: Austin, Dallas, or Houston.**
As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• Managing and serving as the lead Project Manager on major road and/or highway design transportation projects.
• Mentor current staff to enhance our transportation services capabilities.
• Assist in identifying potential new staff to help expand our transportation practice in the greater Texas market.
• Lead the development of scope, schedule and budget for transportation design projects.
• Monitor and control projects to ensure financial performance.
• Ensure project deliverables meet quality standards for the firm and the client.
• Quality Analysis/Quality Control of key deliverables related to projects managed and assistance on projects managed by others.
• Responsible for adherence to the firm’s quality procedures at the project level.
• Assist with marketing and business development efforts and further expand our clients and opportunities with west pacific region transportation agencies.
• Building teams to match the project needs including selecting internal team members and establishing teaming partnerships with respective industry firms.
• Assist with marketing and business development efforts and further expand our clients and opportunities within Texas.
Minimum Qualifications :
• Bachelor's Degree.
• 10 years of related experience.
• PMP (PMI), CCM or DBIA certification is required (within 12 months of hire or promotion onto the Approved Project Manager list).
• Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
• Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.