We are looking for a new team member to join the current team of fifteen engineers and technicians at the Hemel Hempstead office. We work on a variety of projects large and small across most sectors including commercial, R&D, energy and residential and always have something interesting in the pipeline. Within these sectors we also work on new build and refurbishment projects.
We work collaboratively with our other in-house teams to deliver structural and civil engineering, traffic and transport engineering, building surveying and geomatics. There is a strong and supportive team culture and many exciting projects to work on, which creates an environment for constant technical learning and strong career development.
• Lead project teams, supervising and training engineers and technicians.
• Responsible for the financial, technical and project management control of all aspects of projects.
• At a strategic level you will prepare an outline brief, visit site, review information including planning history and services. You will prepare preliminary layouts, assist in budget and programming and assess all the risks.
• Prepare technical details for Architectural design and prepare technical specifications
Liaise and attend meetings with Architects, clients, subcontractors and other professionals whilst carrying out duties and at all times represent the business, in a professional and courteous way.
• Assessing the sustainability and environmental impact of projects.
• Making sure the project complies with statutory requirements, especially health and safety. Key skills & experience
• Minimum qualification - degree in Structural or Civil Engineering
• Chartered, or working towards Chartered status
• Minimum of 6 years' post-qualification experience in relevant structural design
• An ability to prepare structural designs in all conventional materials and experience in refurbishment projects
• An ability to take a global view of structural design on a project, identifying potential problems and solutions and providing advice to clients on design options
• An ability to prepare schematic structural designs based on basic architectural layouts • An ability to speak clearly, confidently, professionally and convincingly at meetings and on the telephone
• An ability to write clear and concise e-mails, letters and reports
• An ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
• Good commercial awareness