ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary Responsibility -
- Reviews and approves complex civil engineering construction and private development engineering plans and documents for conformance to City design and construction standards, codes and ordinances; performs overall supervision and review of detailed and complex engineering calculations, plans, specifications, and required submittals for private development projects, such as street, water distribution, sewer collection, and storm drainage system.
- Evaluates design of erosion control, storm drainage, streets, sidewalk and other infrastructure needed for development.
- Assists in performing field inspections; and coordinates with the Building Inspector, Public Works Inspector and City Engineer for the inspection and acceptance of the construction and installation of all City infrastructure by developers and builders which will be under the operation and control of the Public Works Department.
- Coordinates assigned special public works projects; and coordinates public works projects and improvements with both the Public Works and Planning departments to ensure compliance with City and industry standards and related master plans.
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data to plan projects.
- Plan and design transportation or hydraulic systems and structures, following construction and City standards, using design software and drawing tools.
- Compute load and grade requirements, water flow rates, and material stress factors to determine design specifications.
- Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labor to determine project feasibility.
- Prepare or present public reports, such as bid proposals, deeds, environmental impact statements, and property and right-of-way descriptions.