Water Hygiene Engineer - Sevenoaks Job Ref: 26837
Alecto Recruitment are currently representing an industry leading provider of Legionella Compliance Services, who are now looking to recruit a Water Hygiene Engineer
in the Sevenoaks
Working across a variety of environments including care homes, education, healthcare, pubs and restaurants and FM companies amongst many others, my client provide high-quality, expert advice and legally compliant services for legionella risk assessments, legionella control, water tank cleaning and water hygiene, to ensure client's premises are compliant, safe, healthy and legal.
As an award-winning company with numerous accreditation and memberships, the successful candidate will be joining a successful team who are best in field, in a position that will offer strong long-term prospects and career stability. The Role:
As Water Hygiene Engineer
, you will act as a lead engineer of water remedial work including plumbing related tasks.
Covering the Kent and London areas, you will undertake various tasks for legionella compliance at both domestic and commercial client premises throughout the South East, with the aim being first time fixes when performing water remedial related tasks.
In addition, you will assist the sales department with producing accurate and cost-effective quotes for remedial and plumbing related work. Job Specific Duties:
Excellent time management to ensure works are carried out at and within the scheduled timings.
Liaising with client/site personnel with regards to work progress/issues & ensuring these are communicated to the office immediately.
Ability to work alone and/or project manage/lead a team of engineers.
Carry out planned preventative maintenance & remedial / plumbing related tasks for the adequate control of Legionella bacteria including:
- Temperature monitoring of water services (plant and distribution)
- Shower clean / descaling
- Water services plant inspection (i.e. cold-water storage tanks, calorifiers etc.)
- Thermostatic mixer valve inspection, servicing and installations
- Water sampling for microbiological analysis
- Clean and disinfection of water systems
- Dead Leg removals
- Hot & Cold-Water Storage Modifications
- Installation of various valve types
- Copper and Steel pipework modifications and soldering
- Various other plumbing related work on hot and cold-water systems
To be considered for this position, you must demonstrate strong technical knowledge on hot and cold domestic water systems, with the ability to perform all of the job specific functions to a high standard. You must also look beyond the scope of works to identify potential non-conformances and liaise internally for potential cross/upselling. The successful candidate will have:
- City and Guilds NVQ Level 2 Plumbing (at a minimum)
- At least 2 years' experience as a qualified plumber
- Ability to work on both commercial and domestic properties
- Legionella Awareness (city and guilds accredited is preferred)
- £27,000 - £30,000 per annum
- Mobile telephone
- Company vehicle and fuel card
- Vehicle recovery service contract
- Full surveying and remedial kit
- PPE (protective footwear, high visibility vest, hard hat, safety glasses, ear protection, dust/legionella mask, protective overalls)
If you believe you can fulfil this position then do not hesitate to apply today.
To apply for this role and find out more details, please forward your CV to Jason Fogaty, Alecto Recruitment. or call in strict confidence.
Alecto Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately.
We thank all applicants who respond, but only those short listed will be contacted.
For more information about the positions we are currently recruiting for, please take a look at www.alectorecruitment.com or follow us on Twitter @alectorecruit