Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK's largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km of pipes,keeping taps flowing and toilets flushing.At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to life, so our business is always open.What you will be doing
As a Construction Assurance Engineer
, you'll be working across the Thames Valley area with flexible locations, ensuring contractors are safely delivering the required assets to our project delivery process, time, quality, and cost. This means you'll be involved during the design, construction, commissioning, and defects rectification period of the project and therefore, ensuring buildability, and efficient and effective delivery in line with our site compliance processes.You'll be assuring the meeting of regulatory and statutory requirements and maximising the benefits to Thames Water and take responsibility for overseeing all construction activities on your projects from conception to completion whilst monitoring compliance with our asset standards, safety, environmental, and quality standards, and with wider regulations.Health, Safety & Wellbeing is critical and you'll actively promote the Thames Water ‘Three Zeros' culture associated with our health and safety performance. These are, ‘Zero Incidents, Zero Harm & Zero Compromise.'We're looking for you to:
What's in it for you?
- Be qualified in NEBOSH or IOSH General or Construction Certificate or SMSTS or willing to gain
- Be knowledgeable in the processes used in water and/or wastewater
- Understand the project delivery mechanisms, development of design, construction, and operation of infrastructure or non-infrastructure projects
- Be self-starting, resilient, and tenacious under pressure, with a desire to successfully deliver projects to time, cost, and quality
- Have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, to clearly interact with our stakeholders and contractors
- Possess excellent organisation and workload management skills
- Deliver an exceptional service through a passionate and positive approach, taking accountability for your role while working accurately and flexibly within a busy team
- Foster a positive Health & Safety culture within the team and contractors, ensuring we fulfill environmental and Health & Safety statutory obligations
- Have a full driving licence as travel will be required to construction and operational sites across the Thames Water catchment area
This is a challenging role and the key to the successful delivery of our portfolio of projects in the Thames Valley. You'll be working on projects across the water/wastewater sector with an impressive variety of work. Working with some of the leading contractors and consultants in the sector this role is vital for successful delivery within the Thames Water intelligent client model.Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days of holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service, and a wider benefits scheme including our benefits hub, which is packed full of offers and information to save you money and support your wellbeing.Thames Water is a dynamic, rewarding, and diverse place to work, with opportunities around every corner. If you join our team, you'll enjoy a fulfilling career and flexible working arrangements.We're also proud to embrace and promote diversity and believe that creating a workforce that reflects the communities we serve will help us to thrive. We encourage applications from everyone and offer extra support for those who need it throughout the recruitment process.Find out more about working at Thames WaterWe deliver life's essential service so our customers, communities, and the environment can thrive. This means, when a crisis happens, we all rally around to support our customers. As part of Team Thames, you'll have the opportunity to sign up to support our customers on the frontline as an Ambassador. Full training will be given for what is undoubtedly an incredibly rewarding experience. It's also a great opportunity to learn more about our business, meet colleagues, and a earn bit of extra money along the way.Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we may close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is so we can manage all the applications properly and give candidates a positive experience. Once closed, we can't consider any further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.