Technical Services Engineer
We currently have an exciting opportunity to recruit a Structural Design Technician.
You will play an integral part in supporting our customer base and have the opportunity to develop your skills and experience further.
Do you have experience in the construction industry and/or a qualification in a building structures or related discipline with the skills required for a customer facing role?
Our client's business is recognised as being one of the strongest brands in the construction industry and supplies builder's merchants, housing developers and distributors throughout the UK and overseas with technically superior products.
In this capacity, you will be required to provide technical advice to the end user by designing and scheduling lintels for a full range of UK construction including housing, industrial and commercial projects.
In this capacity, your key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
* Designing and scheduling lintels for a full range of projects to include housing, industrial and commercial throughout the UK
* Providing technical advice to end users by the provision of schedules and structural calculations
* Responsibility for understanding current and competitor products and to be aware of the strengths and weaknesses of our current products and drives through improvements on product range
* Promoting the advantages of the product range both technically and commercially based on sound working knowledge of building technology
* Ensuring that all work, including those undertaken on the Company's behalf by third party service providers, are conducted in manner which fully complies with our clients health and safety, quality, environmental and corporate policies
To be considered for this opportunity, you will require a minimum of a HNC qualification in Building, Structures or related subject as well as experience in AutoCAD and building technology to be able to fulfil this role effectively.
You will require both a commercial awareness and technical skills to include the following:
* Understanding of housing and general building design
* Ability to assess structural loads
* CAD Drawing & Design
* Documentation of design processes and changes
* Practical understanding of system performance and installation
* Product knowledge - training provided
* You will need an IT proficiency in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and CLASS(training provided)
* Additionally, you will require a proven track record of working under pressure and to tight timescales
Our client offers their employees significant benefits packages. For this role, you will benefit from:
* A market competitive salary
* 35 days holidays per annum
* Company bonus
* One of the UK's leading defined contribution pension schemes (10% employer contribution / 6% employee contribution)
* Annual Pay Review
* Employee discount scheme for companies including Vodafone, Nissan, Jaguar Land Rover and also various local services
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment