Geotechnical Systems Engineer required for a material testing manufacturer based in Hook. The role of a Geotechnical Systems Engineer is a vital customer-facing role where the engineer will be an ambassador for the company working in the office and in customer laboratories internationally. In addition to having a good understanding of equipment and its operation, the role demands a high standard of personal presentation and excellent communication skills. The role is varied and requires the appointee to be organised, methodical, keen to handle multiple tasks and flexible in their approach to work. Geotechnical Systems Engineer Position Overview
Geotechnical Systems Engineer Position Requirements
- Preparation and maintenance of product manuals.
- System assembly and QA testing for customer orders ready for shipment.
- In-house testing and calibration of products and systems.
- Preparation, maintenance and implementation of internal technical procedures.
- De-bug and problem solve issues with customer systems and products both at the company and in the field via phone, email & on-site support.
- Recording and updating of documentation associated with QA and customer orders.
- Supporting non-technical staff.
- Installation of equipment and the provision of any associated training at customers' premises both in the UK and internationally.
Geotechnical Systems Engineer Position Remuneration
- Minimum graduate level Civil/Geotechnical Engineer or similar, ideally with some experience in geotechnical lab testing. Experience of writing papers or other technical literature an advantage.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills in English, both oral and written.
- Ability to quickly learn in-house developed software packages.
- A basic understanding and confidence to work with electronic/electrical components and systems.
- Ability to think logically and problem solve software, mechanical and electrical issues.
- The capability to independently manage time and prioritise work whilst maintaining agreed deadlines.
- A flexible approach to work and be prepared to work with any member of the team.
- The desire to learn new ideas and concepts.
Salary dependent on experience
- We provide free lunch, sandwiches, baguettes, salads, hot food
- 20 days holiday per year, + 8 bank holidays. additional 1 day for every calendar year up to 25
- Non contractual bonus (1 months' salary)
- Xmas time we close down, (3 days of holiday)
- Working hours are a 40 hr week
- Parking on site
Bennett and Game Recruitment are a multi-disciplined technical recruitment agency based in Chichester, West Sussex operating across the UK with specialist teams covering a range of industries. We are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy, and in accordance with GDPR by applying you are granting us consent to process your data, and contact you in relation to this application and the services we offer.