Civil Engineers - Water Sector
Permanent or Contract
Salary/Rate negotiable depending on level of experience
My client is a leading civil engineering and construction company, delivering design-and-build projects with clients in the water sector and beyond, across the UK.
My client is looking to bring on board engineers that can embrace BIM360 and assist in the development of 3D models of projects to achieve the requirement of a fully attributed 3D model to facilitate the manipulation of data and to allow site construction without 2D drawings.
Other responsibilities include:
- Coordination of multi-disciplinary design produced by the core design team, external partners and the supply chain.
- Drive excellence in Health and Safety in design by eliminating hazards and reducing risks during design whilst complying with Alliance CDM procedures.
- Progress projects from feasibility stage through detailed design to construction.
- Attend and document site surveys to review opportunities, risks and mitigation plans.
- Actively integrate with the project planning activities; proactively contributing to an integrated delivery programme that covers all stages of design, construction and commissioning.
- Identify and promote opportunities to meet the project digital, sustainability, innovation and people objectives.
- You'll hold a degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Possess good knowledge and experience of undertaking structural calculations for various concrete structures and pipeline experience.
- Demonstrable experience in undertaking design of various civil engineering structures within the Water and Waste Water Industry.
- Comfortable in using MS office suite and relevant engineering software packages not limited to TEDDS by Tecla, Staad Pro, AutoCAD, Robot, CIVIL3D, and Revit, etc.
- Confident in producing technical sketching to the British Standards and or Eurocode.
- Accustomed to communicating with a range of people as you collaborate to meet, and exceed, stakeholder expectations.
- Strong reporting writing skills and data analysis capabilities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.