- Section Engineer (Marine, Structural Steel works and Tunnelling Methodologies) Location-
Hinkley Point C (Somerset) Salary/Package
- Negotiable up to £50000 per annum plus Subsistence and travel paid, company car and further package Working Hours-
42 per week Summary
Thorn Baker is working with one of the country's biggest, and best-known civil engineering main contractors to recruit a Section Engineer on the prestigious Hinkley Point C project in Somerset
Thorn Baker's client is offering a stable working environment on the tunnelling section of works which involves some unique and pioneering technologies and methodologies.
Some incredible benefits include a highly competitive base salary, accommodation and travel costs covered, company car, pension along with various other enviable benefits. As a Section Engineeryou will:
Thorn Baker's client is looking for someone with:
- Develop methodologies and produce RAMS for the Tunnelling works including Sprayed Concrete Lining (SCL tunnelling), Structural works and other temporary works required.
- Ensure works are carried out to the required tolerances and QA documentation.
- Supervise and coordinate the works.
- Ensure Engineer completes inspection and test plans
- Input tunnelling construction data into the Tunnel Information Management system and liaise with the client representatives to ensure hold points are 'signed-off' accordingly.
- Strong up to date technical knowledge of tunnelling construction
- HNC in Civil, Geotechnical or Structural Engineering (minimum)
- Ability to Prepare / review of methods statements, risk assessments, inspection and test plans.
- Ability to interpret drawings correctly and check for error.
- Be part of a business which recorded over £8.bn in revenue in 2021/22, achieved industry leading customer satisfaction scores and has unrivalled employee engagement statistics.
- An excellent range of benefits including
- Company Car
- 42 hour working week
- Pension savings schemes
- Subsistence and travel paid
- A whole host of other staff employee benefits (discounts, special offers etc)
Please apply for the opportunity to be considered for this sought-after position on one of the worlds most prolific projects or call Ben Knight, directly, on . Key Skills
- Site Engineer, Section Engineer, Marine, Civil Engineering, Tunnelling, HPC, Hinkley Point, Setting out, Quality Assurance, Risk Assessments, Method Statements TCH01