Job Overview, Pre-Construction Design Engineer
Atheray Stone is currently looking for a Pre Construction Design Engineer for a Tier 1 Main Contractor. Supporting the Package Managers and be accountable for the development of schemes through design and other pre-construction activities, to ultimately hand over the schemes to our Delivery teams to construct. This entails working closely with our customers, stakeholders, our main design partner, other designers, supplier partners, and our delivery teams to create solutions that delight our customers, are of a high quality, within the financial targets set and in line with agreed programmes. You will also support the Pre-Delivery Lead on developing and implementing Framework Management System processes relevant to Pre-Construction and where suitable manage functional teams within Pre-Construction, i.e. Survey Management, Information Management etc as required. Salary Expectations, Pre-Construction Design Engineer
Salary and package are negotiable depending on the right level of candidate, expected range is between £47,000 - £52,000 + package. Responsibilities, Pre-Construction Design Engineer
Candidate Profile, Pre-Construction Design Engineer
- Track record in successfully managing and delivering against deadlines, maintaining quality and progression on major projects or engineering deliverables.
- Evidence of building effective relationships with customers
- At least 5 years experience in the pre-delivery arena.
- Experience and knowledge of construction industry awareness of current techniques.
- Has managed design programmes and been responsible for their delivery, in terms of quality, design assurance, commercial performance, and meeting programme constraints.
- Knowledge of Network Rail processes and assurance procedures. Experienced at working within a Rail environment.
- Engineering knowledge with relevant experience in suitable disciplines, such as Civils, M&E, Geotechnical and/or rail disciplines like permanent way, signalling, telecoms and E&P.
- Detailed understanding of safety leadership from a policy and behavioural perspective.
- Degree qualified in a Civil Engineering or related course (or equivalent relevant experience)
- Holds Professional membership with a recognised and relevant Professional body, i.e. Institution of Civil Engineers
- APMQ Qualified
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme
- CSCS card
- Personal Track Safety and Industry Common Induction