I am looking to speak with a Geotechnical Engineer with an extensive design experience looking to work on a range of high-end rail and infrastructure schemes. You will be working for an SME multi-disciplinary consultancy which offers a flat level structure as well as flexibility and lots of exposure on projects.
As a Geotechnical Engineer, you will be working within a fast-paced environment delivering and the sharp end of design for the likes of HS2, Hinckley Point C, Network Rail along with contractors.
The technical duties as a Geotechnical Engineer are extremely varied and will surround interpretation and design of the following: slope assessments, soil interpretation, pile design, settlement, slope stability, soil nailing, rock engineering, shallow and deep footings, embankments, retaining walls, soil nailing, reviewing ground risk and technical support on ground risk etc.
As a Geotechnical Engineer, you will also gain exposure in managing projects from inception through to completion on a technical, commercial and financial basis albeit with a full support network.
The ideal Senior Geotechnical Engineer should be able to provide evidence of:
- MEng/BEng in Civil Engineering or similar. Ideally an MSc in Geotechnical Engineering or Soil Mechanics.
- Design delivery of the geotechnical elements of existing and future projects
- Carry out inspection work, feasibility studies, report preparation, cost estimating
- Prepare design calculations, drawings, technical documents and project reports ensuring compliance with current standards.
- Strong knowledge and experience within industry standard geotechnical and numerical software packages.
- Preparing, checking and reviewing a wide range of technical reports including Desk Studies, Interpretative and Design reports.
This is a truly exciting Geotechnical Engineering position looking for that step up into a more intermediate / senior position. So, if you would like to know more on the role/company, please do not hesitate to contact Cory Taylor at Calibre Search Manchester.
Calibre Search promote equality in the workplace and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified candidates regardless of their sex, race, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age. We act as both an employment agency and employment business.