Principal Geotechnical Engineer
Our client recognises the need to push boundaries to build innovative sustainable solutions to make real world impact, this role gives you a chance to be a part of this new movement. They have a reputation for providing one of the best working environments within the industry and are renowned for shifting the focus to personal development by giving unique opportunities for employers to excel.
We are seeking a Principal Geotechnical Engineer to provide technical and commercial support to a range of projects from inception through to design and construction for a diverse portfolio of projects in the UK and overseas. You will also support the geotechnical discipline lead in promoting technical excellence as well as developing and growing the geotechnical team.
This role would ideally be based in one of our Leamington Spa, Birmingham or Newcastle offices with travel across the UK and overseas for specific projects or longer-term assignments. The office location is in fact flexible across the UK, with other hybrid working options available. Key Responsibilities
Skills / Qualifications
- Assume responsibility for a range of projects for a diverse range of internal and external clients
- Support the discipline lead in implementing and maintaining quality control and developing team and skill growth
- Provide technical support for all stages of projects within your projects
- Support project delivery teams to meet our client's needs whilst maintaining sound financial and programme management and control
- Promote development of expertise through seeking innovative technical solutions and initiatives and encouraging participation
- Support the discipline lead with mentoring and personal and professional development of junior team members
- Contribute to the preparation of winning proposals through clear understanding of Clients' requirements, identification of scope and assessment of level of effort and tools needed for successful delivery
- Degree in civil engineering, engineering geology or other related disciplines. A post graduate qualification in geotechnics will be an advantage
- Chartered Engineer status with strong post-chartered experience in geotechnical aspects of infrastructure and other construction sectors
- Practical experience in scoping, procuring and interpreting medium to large scale ground investigations