Our client, a Consultancy practice specialising in a range of Construction industry sectors, is recruiting for an experienced Civil Engineering Project Manager to join their team. The role would suit someone with experience in Highways and Civil Engineering, on a client-side basis. You will be working across multiple sites and managing projects from receipt of the client brief, scoping the works and managing through to site delivery using existing framework Contractors. As a Civil Engineering Project Manager your role will involve:
To be considered for the Civil Engineering Project Manager role you must have:
- The role involves the planning, design, construction, operation, and maintenance of roads and car parks to ensure safe and cost-effective transportation of people and goods for a varying client base.
- The role of a Highways Engineer involves looking at all areas of development, from inception to delivery, of various Construction / Retail related projects around the UK.
- It involves the setting of measurable objectives and timelines of all elements within the projects; and managing other consultant disciplines and contractors to ensure delivery to cost, time and quality standards.
- Managing all retail construction/redevelopment projects in a live environment.
- The management of other design teams, cost management consultants and contractors as required to ensure timely completion within the company budget and timelines, as well as those of the client.
- To maintain records and work folders - ensuring all work is checked and appropriately approved for distribution.
Desirable for the role of a Civil Engineering Project Manager:
- Educated to degree/HNC/HND or equivalent in Civil Engineering
- Full driving licence and own car with the ability to travel within the UK.
- CSCS card - Black/gold/white (or possess the qualifications to achieve).
- Knowledge of highway design standards
- Ability to read and understand 2D drawings
- AutoCAD experience
- Base understanding of CDM Regulations
- Project Management experience
- Working with retail clients
- CDM awareness training
- Up-to-date knowledge of H&S legislation.
- CAD skills and ability to work with other Engineers to undertake all technical aspects required for project delivery
Our client is offering the successful Civil Engineering Project Manager
- Monday - Friday 37.5 hours per week
- Core hours are 9:30 am - 4:30 pm, but there is some flexibility depending on whether there are site visits.
Due to the high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- £30,000 - £50,000 depending on experience
- Perkbox (free cinema tickets, Nero coffee, Health Assured (Employee Assistance Programme)
- Life Insurance cover (3 times salary), includes Smart Health (24/7 virtual GP, mental health support, a health check, a nutritionist consultation, expert second medical opinions, and personalised online fitness programmes), Bereavement counselling and probate helpline
- Wellness programme
- 1 paid days leave to conduct a community or charity day per year
- The training is paid for (subject to training agreement)
- Professional fees paid
- Salary Sacrifice pension contribution up to 3% (to meet government requirements)
- 25 Holidays (Christmas: the office is closed for 1 week, retain 3 holidays)
- On-site parking
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd, acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.