Structural Engineer -
required for our client who are a growing consultancy in Portsmouth. They are seeking a Structural Engineer to join the team. Our client is a multi-Disciplined company that have a great reputation for working on prestigious buildings and the Defence Estate in London. Being part of the company means working to the values of integrity, service, trust, respect and responsibility
The Structural Engineer who successfully secures this exciting new opportunity should have or be working towards Chartership with the ICE or IStructE and over 3 years industry experience. Our client seeks a Structural Engineer who matches the company's high standards and should therefore have excellent tenure with past employers, have good work ethic and have the ability to complete projects within set timescales. This opportunity would offer the most successful Engineer the opportunity to fast track their career in a growing innovative company. Structural Engineer Position Overview
Structural Engineer Position Requirements
- Develop scheme designs as required by the Directors, Principal and Senior engineers, using appropriate software
- Assist in the delivery of projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations.
- Work with CAD Technicians to produce relevant structural information.
- Undertake structural engineering analysis and design under the supervision of senior engineers.
- Attendance at project and design meetings and site visits.
- Undertake condition surveys and write reports.
- Keep all project related documentation in compliance with the Business Management systems, processes and procedures.
- Communicate project's critical issues in a timely manner to Directors and clients.
- Mentor graduates and technicians.
- Actively engage in CPD to maintain and facilitate personal and career development
- General office duties as requested by the Directors
- Encouragement for own continuous professional learning
Structural Enginer Position Remuneration
- An accredited BEng degree (or equivalent) recognised by an Institute
- Working towards becoming or achieved Chartered member status with ICE or IStructE
- SC Clearance will be required so applicants will need to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum of SC level
- Career motivated, keen to learn and really make your mark within a forward-thinking business
- Good all-round technical design expertise using British, European and international standards
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Full UK Drive Licence preferable
- Salary: DOE
- 20 days' holidays plus Loyalty Scheme
- Professional Fees Paid
- Free Parking
- CPD and Training
- Company Social Events
Bennett and Game Recruitment are a multi-disciplined technical recruitment agency based in Chichester, West Sussex operating across the UK with specialist teams covering a range of industries. We are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy, and in accordance with GDPR by applying you are granting us consent to process your data, and contact you in relation to this application and the services we offer.