Structural Engineer Salary £35k - £50k DOE
Our client, a busy international well-established logistics organisation are recruiting for a Structural Engineer
In this vital role you will support the continuing development of their long-term asset management strategy and work programmes. This support will require you to develop and deliver complex port development and maintenance projects from inception to completion in live operational port environments.
You will also support other team members of the in-house Engineering team with design and delivery of port development and maintenance projects. You will be working with a team of in-house Asset Inspectors assisting with the management & implementation of the Port's structural inspection regime in line with legislative requirements and/or best practice taking cognisance of structural form, type, condition and use ensuring the assets remain safe for operation. Duties of the post holder
Knowledge and Experience
- To carry out structural design and assessments of Building, Highway and Maritime assets in accordance with applicable standards and regulations.
- Prepare design calculations, specifications and drawings for the construction of civil & structural engineering works, to be carried out by contractors.
- Where designs are prepared by external consultants/Specialists, to review the designs, contract documents, specifications and drawings.
- To provide structural expertise for the preparation by others of designs, contract documents, specifications, drawings, risk and environmental assessments for the execution of building, civil engineering, paving and other port related works which are to be carried out by contract.
- To ensure compliance of project designs and specifications with business asset strategies and plans.
- To provide structural input to enable other engineers to provide estimates and feasibility studies for proposed new schemes and alterations to existing structures.
- Preparing technical guidance for the wider business to ensure safe ongoing use of the Port's assets.
- To assist the Senior Structural Engineer with the management and implementation of the Port's structural inspection regime comprising Principal, General, Routine, Diving and Confined Space Inspections.
- To provide technical advice to in-house Asset Inspectors to ensure the safe and continued use of the Port's assets.
- Act as Client's Representative for structural inspections undertaken by others.
- From time to time, undertake structural inspections and write associated reports.
- To ensure that the Long-Term Asset Plan includes all the Port's civils and structures assets and that the LTAP includes recommendations for scope of works, timing of intervention and suggested realistic budgets.
- From time to time, to act in the capacity of CDM Principal Designer when appointed by Senior Engineering Management.
- To act as Project Manager under NEC ECC Contracts and as Employer under the NEC PSC Contracts.
- To liaise with architects, consultants and quantity surveyors appointed to take control of a project on the Board's behalf, including the formulation of the "brief" and the progress of work on site in respect of brief, time, quality, safety, financial targets and operational constraints.
- BEng or MEng and Chartered.Engineer, or working towards, with the Institution of Civil Engineers or Structural Engineers or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years experience post-graduation of undertaking civil and structural engineering works.
- Experience of undertaking feasibility studies, design, assessments, and specifications for civil and structural engineering works
- Strong user skills in structural engineering software.
- Good user skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must hold a valid driving license and use of own vehicle.
Interpersonnel Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency for our client for this particular role. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer. All our current vacancies are on our website