The HireWorks are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Deisgn Engineer for our well-respected client based near Cambridge.
In this role, you will take responsibility for the development and completion of mechanical services design documentation and manage the design process on multiple projects. You will ensure project documentation is complete, concise, in line with regulatory requirements and project budgets. You will also work closely with external design consultants, architects, clients, main contractors, sub-contractors, and project stakeholders to ensure project goals are met. Your responsibilities will be to:
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Establish and agree design programs with clients and design consultants.
- Monitor progress of design against the agreed programmed work and ensure documentation is completed on time.
- Directly engage with & manage internal design team and external design consultants.
- Review & critically appraise mechanical services design documentation throughout the design process. Ensure all aspects of the design comply with the project brief, designs are coordinated, spatial fit is observed, and regulations are adhered to.
- Attend design coordination meetings and set goals to clearly convey actions and resolve design issues.
- Develop, issue and track requests for information.
- Liaise with preconstruction teams to ensure project budgets are adhered to.
- Undertake minor mechanical design to support contract/project managers.
- Ensure coordinated working drawings are developed to allow installation to commence.
- Ensure the health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to and fully implemented.
You will receive:
- A degree in Engineering
- A detailed knowledge and understanding of the design process.
- Mechanical services design experience.
- A proven capability to undertake design of all mechanical service systems
- Have detailed knowledge of low & zero carbon technologies.
- Have a detailed knowledge of project procurement methods.
- Knowledge of health and safety within the construction industry.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a client facing environment.
- Competitive Salary.
- Company Vehicle or Allowance.
- Private Healthcare.
- Company Pension.
- 23 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays.
Please contact Dean for more information