Senior Structural Engineer
to join a respected and established family owned business based in West Leeds. Our client specialises in steel fabrication and due to ongoing success the opportunity has developed a requirement for a Senior Structural Engineer to join the team ideally with over 10 years' worth of experience within the industry.
The Senior Structural Engineer will be competent in steel work design and should have the ability to hit the ground running. This role will require a Senior Structural Engineer with excellent client facing skills as the suitable individual will be required to attend meetings. Thee Senior Structural Engineer who successfully secures the role will have experience of Steelwork Design using Tekla Fastrak Design Suite (Portal Frame/Building Designer/TSD/Connections etc.) as well as being a Chartered Structural Engineer. A comprehensive background in Structural Steel Design will be desired for this role with relevant design codes.
The typical duties of the Structural Engineer will include designing structural steelwork using software and by hand for contracts which will range from 5 tonnes to 1000 tonnes to British Standards and Euro codes working on multiple projects at any one time. Other duties will be required of the Senior Structural Engineer including attending design team meetings, preparing estimates for alterations and developing tender designs into accurate tenders. Senior Structural Engineer Position Overview
Senior Structural Engineer Position Requirements
- Produce tender designs suitable for production of fixed price quotations
- Client Meetings
- Designing structural steelwork, moment steelwork connections and cold rolled steelwork.
- Liaising with Architects and main contractors during the design process and advising on potential design consequences and cost saving measures
- Developing tender designs into accurate tenders
- Manage projects from tender to completion
- Design all aspect of hot rolled, cold rolled and connection design.
Senior Structural Engineer Position Remuneration
- The candidate must be a Chartered Structural Engineer (IStructE).
- Excellent knowledge of Structural Steelwork
- Experience of produce tender designs suitable for production of fixed price quotations
- At least 10 years' worth of design experience within a relevant discipline.
- Ability to work on a number of projects at any given time
- Experience in steelwork design using Tekla Fastrak Design Suite (Portal Frame/Building Designer/TSD/Connections/etc.) and CAD with an understanding of steelwork fabrication
- Ability to rapidly produce tender designs
- Salary DOE
- Company Vehicle
- Biannual bonus scheme
- 25 days' holiday + BH
Bennett and Game Recruitment are a multi-disciplined technical recruitment agency based in Chichester, West Sussex operating across the UK with specialist teams covering a range of industries. We are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy, and in accordance with GDPR by applying you are granting us consent to process your data, and contact you in relation to this application and the services we offer.