Our clients have a vacancy for a Structural Engineer that is looking for a career opportunity in a dynamic and challenging design environment and to build on their portfolio submission to Chartership. They have an established training culture and operate under a structure of coaching, mentoring and collaboration. Their Chartership pass rate exceeds national averages and they are an Investors in People Gold organisation, recognised for their people development strategies.
As the largest Civil, Structural & Marine consultancy in the South East, they have a varied project portfolio that extends across the residential and commercial, public, industrial and marine sectors.
They are based just a few minutes from Hove seafront and 10 minutes from the Centre of Brighton with excellent transport links around the city. They are a friendly, sociable and inclusive team environment with many of their personnel enjoying the active pursuits that the surrounding city has to offer.
What they Offer
32.5 days holiday rising to 35.5 with service + bank holidaysHealthcare planInclusive, friendly team culture and office environmentFlexible working opportunitiesRide to Work SchemeBike storage facilitiesShowering facilitiesEstablished training ethos, support to ChartershipOpportunity to get involved in community initiatives and charity technical work
You will be responsible for:
- Developing detailed designs, preparing calculations in all major materials
- Scheme designing to aid design development establishing stability, structural solution and basic grid/construction layouts in sketch format
- Analysing structural components
- Liaising with other professionals, to resolve detailed information and develop design through scheme stages through to construction
- Coaching others including our Degree Apprentices/Technicians & Graduates to assist their development
- Working with autonomy to complete assigned project work
Experience & Qualifications:
- BEng/MEng Civil/Structural Engineering degree level or equivalent
- Experience of Structural Design in Reinforced Concrete, Steel Timber and Masonry
- Detailed experience using Eurocodes
- Experience of working in or with a multi-disciplinary design consultancy
- Competent use of design software including Tekla, Tedd's, CAD and Revit
- Good all-round technical design expertise using British, European and international standards.
- Good understanding of structural theory and strong analytical skills, with proven problem-solving ability.
- Practical approach to design
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiasm, ambition and ownership over professional development
- FEM Analysis & analysis modelling
- Detailed understanding and use of Analytical/Design and CAD software
- Capability to work to deadlines and work autonomously when required
For more information or to apply for this role, please subm it your CV today!