If you are looking to work in Hampshire for the next 4 years' a main contractor is recruiting a Section Engineer for local projects up to £40m. The business has secured a large portfolio of projects to improve our water network providing new clean water systems and improving the existing sewage plants that service the South Coast.
The business is a tier one company with many routes of progression into design, planning and traditional agent/PM routes as well. On top of this there is full support with the ICE to be mentored towards chartered status.
You will have the opportunity to work on projects from start to finish including reinforced concrete foundations, retaining walls, access roads, steel and pipework, drainage and other civils aspects associated with new pumping stations, rising mains and water treatment facilities.
Section Engineer duties include:
- Manage setting out with surveying equipment (GPS & Robotic Total Stations)
- Work with internal and external designers to highlight potential risks
- Demonstrate value engineering
- Input into collaborative planning meetings
- Liaise with the site team to approve materials ensuring they meet specification
- Keep accurate records of progress reports, site diaries and resource allocations
- Assist junior members of the engineering team offering support
- Produce as-built drawings in AutoCAD
Please contact Sam Draycott at Fawkes & Reece (South) to discuss the role in more detail.