Working within our Facility Engineering team focused on our nuclear facilities, we are looking to appoint an Engineer to deliver engineering services across our buildings, plant, and infrastructure. This is a great opportunity for the successful candidate to develop a detailed understanding of safety cases.
The hiring manager would love to receive applications from individuals with either a mechanical, electrical, or civil engineering background.Facility EngineerLocation:
Reading/ Basingstoke areaSalary:
£47,000 - £50,800 (dependent on skills and experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK)
offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement - 270 hours a year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) plus every other Friday off
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
Responsibilities will include:
- Delivering engineered solutions in our complex buildings.
- Using your interpersonal skills to collaborate with stakeholders regarding solutions and works.
- Ensure required works are to time and cost.
- Ensure safety and quality in all tasks.
- Identify and escalate business risk arising from engineered systems and structures.
- Demonstrate adherence to company management system requirements, relevant technical standards & legislation, and business controls.
This role will give you the opportunity to work for one of the area's largest employers where you will be able to develop your expertise whilst making a direct and visible contribution to the successful running of our business.
We are particularly interested to hear from candidates with experience in some or all of the following:
- Design, Engineering substantiation, Data Analysis, ALARP justification.
- Managing small multidiscipline projects.
- Deriving Maintenance to support Reliability targets.
- Building structural assessment, seismic assessment, structural analysis, quantity surveying.
- A good awareness of relevant legislation and supporting Approved Code of Practice (ACOP) and common industry standards.
- Experience within the higher hazard / regulated industries (e.g. nuclear, petro-chem, pharma etc.) preferred, not essential
- Membership of an engineering institution and/or Incorporated Engineer or equivalent. Preferred, not essential
- Minimum qualification L4 NQF (HNC)
- We will consider individuals from an electrical, mechanical or civil engineering background
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas.