Do you have a background, experience or knowledge of Civil Engineering and are keen to develop your experience with a company that gives you every other Friday off? Then a career at AWE could be for you!Construction Engineer - Civils
Location: Reading/ Basingstoke area
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK)
offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement 270 hours a year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) plus every other Friday off
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body
- AWE Life Insurance
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
Working within our Construction Engineering team, we are looking to appoint an experienced Construction Engineer to monitor, report, assist and liaise with Contractors to verify that the requirements of the contract are being fulfilled and that AWE process' and License Condition requirements are fully adhered to on our Construction sites.
This role will give you the opportunity to work for one of the area's largest employers where you will have the opportunity to develop your expertise and gain experience on a wide variety of equipment and projects which will make a direct and visible contribution to the successful running of our business.What will you be required to do?
What will you need, to be considered?
- Maintain an accurately detailed daily site diary of site conditions, progress and the resources available to undertake the work activities throughout the construction phase
- Provide input to Weekly Reports which include Site Safety Inspections, Quality Control, Test Inspection Plans, Defect Notices, Deliveries [accepted or rejected] for the project
- Discharge CDM duties, (Plan, Manage & Monitor the works).
- Assist in the preparation and review of pre-construction information such as SSOW/RAMS
- Uphold the highest safety standards and ensure compliance from contractors you are supervising
- Ensure that installation works by contractors are undertaken to appropriate and specified quality standards
- Ensure that where applicable, contractor's operatives are competent, qualified and licensed to undertake their work activities correctly and that all plant and equipment used is tested, maintained and certified as specified
- Monitor and record specific or specialist deliveries to site to ensure that the condition of the load meets the standard, that the items are handled correctly, packaging is intact and that storage facilities are appropriate
We would love to hear from individuals with a Civil Engineering or Construction background with a build environment related Qualification (ONC/HNC/HND). You will need to possess current a SSSTS & CSCS Supervisors Card. It's essential that you have a range of experience on civil and/or engineering construction projects with a variety of scale and complexities. You will also have knowledge of temporary works to BS5975 and be able to demonstrate experience of CDM Regulations 2015.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in highly controlled environments.