GreenLID is seeking a licensed Professional Civil Engineer, in the Nashville, TN area, to become an integral part of our team. The successful candidate will have design experience, be self-motivated, proactive, and detail-oriented, and have excellent organizational communication, and problem-solving skills.
SCHEDULE: Full-time, 40 hours/week
LOCATION: Based in Gallatin, TN
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with engineer interns and other team members to assist with civil engineering work.
- Communicate with clients pertaining to specific projects and attend client meetings as needed.
- Directs and/or designs plans, calculates and prepares engineering documents for respective engineering discipline, including details, and cost estimates for projects, including the selection and application of engineering systems and materials in accordance with the latest governing codes
- Assists in construction bids or negotiations, including pre-bid conferences, interpretations, post-bid evaluations, and contract preparation
- Stamps or seals work prepared by him/her or under his/her direct supervision Participates in pre-project presentations, interviews, and pre-construction meetings
- Oversee personnel assigned to projects in which they are the lead engineer Establishes and maintains cordial and professional working relations with clients and contractors and attends client meetings
- Travels as required for project meetings, client meetings, or to construction sites
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Registered Professional Engineer in the state of TN or ability to obtain registration within one year.
- Minimum of four years of experience in the civil engineering field.
- Experience with computer applications/ design software including Civil3D, AutoCAD, and Excel in a professional or academic setting.
- Complete and thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of engineering.
- Keeps current in job specialty through continuing education.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable.
Future opportunity exists, upon licensure, for company profit sharing, providing a beneficial stake in the overall growth, health, and success of our company. Favorable characteristics of such candidates include good social skills with the ability and desire to market surveying and engineering services, dedication to fostering teamwork, and a willingness to learn. That person should be driven with a desire to establish relevant goals and achieve them.
A professional with proven knowledge, skill, and ability can be very successful within the GreenLID organization, where employees are compensated for individual and team effort and where the firm is quick to share the rewards of that collective effort with Competitive salary and fringe benefit package. Starting salary is dependent on personal knowledge, skill, and ability. Regular salary reviews, insurance, 401K, holidays, Paid Time off, flexible schedules, health insurance at no cost to the employee, and more.
GreenLID Design is a small firm providing Civil Engineering and Surveying services located on the northern outskirts of Nashville, in Gallatin, Tennessee. Our team at GreenLID has market-leading experience in the successful delivery of development projects throughout Sumner County and beyond, on behalf of private clients, professional builders and developers, and public municipalities.
We are large enough to handle unique and challenging projects, but small enough to maintain a personal, family-oriented atmosphere, where our team members are more than just a number. They are talented individuals who are passionate about their work and about providing clients with experience, precision, and excellence in every situation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to excellence through diversity.