Senior Energy & Sustainability Engineer (Building Services)
Up to £50k
A globally recognized multi-disciplinary practice are looking for a Senior Energy & Sustainability Engineer to join their Manchester Office. If you are looking for the opportunity for to push boundaries and do really exciting and important work, then you will need to be part of an organisation and a team that has the reputation to win high profile projects, understands and truly supports the imperative to move towards a net zero carbon-built environment.
Your new role, what's involved?
Don't be afraid to push boundaries - All training and upskilling required will be provided and soon you will be able to:
* Undertake the role of 'Net-zero Carbon Lead' / 'Sustainability Lead' for high profile projects
* Co-ordinate activity of other disciplines, both internally and within the wider design team, to ensure successful delivery of sustainability and net zero carbon goals
* Lead sustainability workshops with clients and other project stakeholders
* Carry out assessments of portfolios and prepare decarbonisation strategies
* Preparing Energy & Sustainability Statements for developments to complement planning submissions. This will include coordination and managing energy / sustainability contributions from many different design team stakeholders
* Support bidding for new opportunities including contributions to marketing material, tender documentation, and attendance at interviews for projects at a range of scales
* Develop materials for dissemination and upskilling within the wider business to support net zero carbon project delivery
* You will work closely with likeminded individuals on exciting and challenging projects.
* Our clients make extraordinary efforts to attract, develop, engage and retain the best professionals in their fields of expertise because this is what makes them great.
* They care about individuals and their progression and offer the most fulfilling career development.
* You will be based in their Manchester office, offering easy commuting options and a load of amenities just around the corner.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
* Strong passion for sustainability and a good understanding of low-carbon building solutions.
* Understanding of the building regulations and British Standards applicable to the discipline and how to demonstrate this through calculation and UK Net Zero Carbon guidance and policy
* 3+ years in an engineering or sustainability role with a passion for low carbon, low energy design.
* An understanding of BREEAM and other environmental assessment methodologies
* Skills in assessing the feasibility of renewable and low carbon energy solutions
* Degree in engineering
* Membership of a related professional institution and on the way or already "chartered" either engineer, scientist or environmentalist.
What's in it for you?
Our client recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that your families, your friends, or yourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time, or having flexible start and finish time will help with this - our client can help!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, our client offers standard benefits including 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions.
Our client strives to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring. They recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.
If this role sounds of interest to you, please get in contact with me on (url removed). Alternatively, call me on (phone number removed) for more information or to arrange a confidential conversation at a time that suits you.
Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer