Vital Energi is a leading provider of renewable energy infrastructure and systems to the public and private sectors. We are supporting Hospitals, Universities, New Build developments, Towns and Cities as well as Industrial and Commercial clients to decarbonise their buildings. We have and continue to work on ground-breaking projects throughout the UK that is making a difference to achieve our Net Zero targets and we were recently recognised for this by our Industry Association awarding us the Contribution to Net Zero award.
A vacancy has arisen for a E&AM Engineer, within our O&M (South) Team based at our London Office. The successful candidate will undertake planned and reactive maintenance in accordance with site procedures, guidelines, and management instruction. They will be required to take part in the out of hours / call-out rota.
Key accountabilities within this role will include operating and maintaining plant and equipment in a safe & controlled manner, supporting the O&M Team Leader in ensuring all Quality Management and Compliance Documentation for O&M activities is correct and complete for each site and proactively drive Legislative and Contractual Compliance, profitability and customer satisfaction within the customer portfolio.
* Support the O&M Team Leader in ensuring all Quality Management and Compliance Documentation for O&M activities is correct and complete for each site.
* Proactively drive Legislative and Contractual Compliance, profitability and customer satisfaction within the customer portfolio.
* Provide technical assistance to clients, contractors and work colleagues within sphere of operation and fulfil customer service requirements whilst meeting Quality Standards and HSE Objectives.
* Closely manage customer HSE objectives and Quality Standards and ensure the adoption of Safe Working Practices during the maintenance and repair of the plant.
* Complete internal performance management general reporting for use in producing client final reporting
* Adopt Vital Energi's HSE Policies, Procedures and Objectives, and ensure they are achieved throughout area of responsibility.
* Ensure that Statutory and Mandatory Inspections are satisfactorily carried out and documented in line with the Company's Management System.
* Diligently and accurately maintain, submit relevant documentation and records as required, and maintain ISO Accreditation Company Standards.
* Undertake Subcontractor Management in line with the above
* HIU specialism required in order to undertake HIU Commissioning
The responsibilities outlined are not intended to be exhaustive and other duties maybe required from time to time.
Skills and Experience:
* Served a recognised apprenticeship and be qualified to HND / City & Guilds/ NVQ level 3 in Mechanical / Electrical / Gas engineering discipline and registered to the appropriate body as required for the role.
* Electronic maintenance systems with sound technical knowledge in fault finding and testing within a similar environment.
* Qualified Steam Boiler / CHP Operator.
* Relevant trade experience.
* Mechanical / Electrical engineering in a similar environment; with comprehensive understanding of current industry practices and relevant legislation.
* Commercial & domestic heating engineering operating & maintaining; industrial CHP, LTHW boilers, gas, oil, biomass plant, absorption chillers/ air-conditioning plant, HVAC systems and associated distribution systems/ equipment, and plant monitoring systems (BMS, PMS).
* Heating systems, Energy Centre processes and supporting distribution systems.
* Preparing Method statements, Risk, COSHH Assessments, and Permits to Work.
* Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and current Internet technologies.
* Good Oral and Written Communication Skills
* Good IT Skills, including Microsoft Office.
* Confident manner, with ability to work to deadlines, whilst remaining focussed
* A full UK driving licence
* Competitive Salary (dependent upon experience)
* Contributory Company Pension Scheme
* Non-contributory death-in-service insurance
* EAP scheme
* 25 Days Holiday plus 8 days bank holidays. Holiday increasing in line with service
* Flexible working hours
Applications will be processed within 28 days of receipt. If you have not heard from us within this time period it will mean that your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful. Thanks you for your interest in Vital Energi.
The company is opposed to all forms of discrimination and will select for employment, training and promotion on the basis of suitability for the job and/ or merit. It is company policy that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment than another on the grounds of sex, race, colour, age, ethnic or national origins, political affiliations, religious beliefs, marital status, physical disability or is disadvantaged by unjustifiable conditions or requirements.
Only applicants who are legally entitled to work in the UK and are currently resident in the UK are invited to apply.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives:
Vital Energi Utilities Ltd is not accepting unsolicited CVs from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. CVs submitted to any Vital Energi Utilities Ltd employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Vital Energi Utilities Ltd. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you