The Department of Civil and Architectural Engineering and Construction Management (CAECM) of the College of Engineering and Applied Science (CEAS) at the University of Cincinnati invites applications for non-tenure track positions as a Professor Educator or Professor of Practice of Construction Management. The positions are intended to be long-term appointments and can be filled at the Assistant or Associate Professor level. The anticipated start date is August 14, 2023. The positions are 9-month full-time appointments, paid over 12 months with full University faculty benefits. The appointment will be made within the Professor Educator or Professor of Practice track with salary and rank commensurate with credentials.
CAECM offers accredited undergraduate degrees in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Architectural Engineering as well as Master’s and Ph.D. degrees in Civil Engineering with concentration in Construction Engineering and Management.
- Developing and delivering undergraduate and graduate courses in the area of construction management. Course load will include 7-8 courses per year.
- Teach classes in at least three of the following areas: Construction Drawings, Building Information Modeling (BIM), Construction Methods, Construction Field Supervision, Heavy Highway Construction, Construction Quality and Safety Management, Lean Construction, Building Mechanical/Electrical Systems, Pre-construction Services, Construction Productivity, Construction Equipment, Project Scheduling, and Construction Estimating.
- Coach competition teams such as in regional and national competitions conducted by the Associated Schools of Construction, the Design Build Institute of America, etc., and advise student organizations within the CAECM department, as well as, participate in service related activities, such as student career mentoring, advising of student organizations, serving on departmental, college and university committees and performing outreach activities; and contributing to the success of students by participating in orientation programs.
Professor of Practice Minimum Qualifications: Prior to effective date of appointment, Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or a closely related field and one of the following:
- Master’s degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or a closely related field and a minimum of 3 years of US construction industry experience in Construction Project Management
- An MBA and a minimum of 3 years of US construction industry experience in Construction Project Management
Professor Educator Minimum Qualifications: Prior to effective date of appointment, PhD in Construction Management, or in Civil Engineering with a concentration in Construction Engineering and Management, and one of the following:
- Minimum of 3 academic years of US university level teaching experience in the area of Construction Project Management.
- Minimum of 3 years of US construction industry experience in Construction Project Management.
Application materials should include the following documents:
- Cover letter.
- Complete curriculum vita.
- Statement of teaching interests/
- Graduate and undergraduate university transcripts.
- Contact information for three references.
Applicants must apply online. Only complete applications will be considered. Review of applications will begin on November 2, 2022 and will continue until the positions are filled.