At Pick Everard, we are passionate about our people and strive to support and develop long-term and rewarding careers.We are looking to appoint a Civil Engineer to join our Urban Infrastructure team in Bury St Edmunds. Working in unison with the Senior Civil Engineers, you will support with the management and delivery of a wide range of residential projects designing roads anddrainage schemes for a long serving client.
We are looking for a Civil Engineer to:
- Assist with and prepare technical specifications and reports
- Assist with and prepare technical designs for roads and drainage related projects
- Develop civil designs and assessments ensuring they are delivered on time and to budget
- Undertake project technical/quality reviews and attend design reviews for projects and site visits when needed
- Build effective relationships with the long serving client andacrossthe wider practice
- Take a collaborative approach, working closely with the senior team,assistingwith technical andqualityreviews
Our Civil Engineering discipline boast a supportive and collaborativeenvironment, and the successful engineer can expect hands-on guidance and prosperous career development.About You
This role will suit a Civil Engineer who has a background in urbaninfrastructure, managing residential schemes, looking to develop their career within a leadingconstructionand property consultancy.
Key skills and experience we are looking for:
- A degree or equivalent in civil engineering, working towards a professional qualification
- Experience in a relevant role in roads anddrainagedesign on a variety of projects from feasibility to construction
- Competency and awareness ofBIM and coordinated 3D design and familiarity with computer programs such as Civil 3D, Microdrainage and AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of highway design standards and drainage to sewers for adoption
- A commercial awareness and an understanding of different forms of contract
- Demonstrable experience in UK development related infrastructure engineering, ideally from a consultancy background
- Excellent interpersonal skills used to develop collaborative working relationships with colleagues and sound problem solving skills taking accountability for assigned work
At Pick Everard, we work together to make the extraordinary a reality. We are looking for exceptional new talent to be a part of our journey as we move forward through our ambitious five-year Business Plan.
We are an independent award-winning property and construction consultancy firm, operating within the industry, providing complete integrated service delivery to help our clients deliver better solutions across real estate, infrastructure and the natural environment.
We are at the forefront of the industry and enjoy a culture that is centred around being creative, professional, compassionate, client-oriented and fun.
Our recent successes include:
- Listed as an NCE100 Consultancy and AJ100 Practice
- Named a Top 150 Consultancy by Building Magazine
- Recognised as a leading Financial Times Consultancy
- Winners of the Association of Consulting Engineers (ACE)Awards, Best Business Performance of the Year Large Consultancy
- Winners at the RICS Awards Infrastructure category
- An Investors in People and Investors in Excellence accredited business
- Winners at the Enterprising Women Awards
Through our remarkable history we have already established the sound principles of success and we have the vision and ambition to be even better, as we move forward into a very bright future. Were growing and we need more experts onboard. Join us and we will provide you with an inspiring environment in which youll be able to drive real progress and impact in your career.
To learn more about why it is good to work here please visit our website and follow us on social media. Be part of it.Remuneration / benefits
We value and promote a positive work-life balance and encourage every member of our team to get involved with charity, sports, community, and company events. Providing a balanced, enjoyable career is important to us, and we work hard to make sure everyone feels a valued part of our organisation. We are also a responsible employer and Investors in People accredited business.
You will receive an attractive salary that will match your skills and experience, as well as the following benefits:
- Stakeholder pension
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Childcare benefits
- Adoption & Shared Parental Leave benefits
- Long service awards
- Annual BeingPickEverard awards
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare
- 26 days annual leave + Bank Holidays + option to buy up to 5 days additional leave
- Discount Scheme
- Professional subscriptions
- Season ticket loan or car loan
- Cycle to work scheme
Please note we are not accepting speculative CVs or approaches from recruitment agencies.