Materials Engineer (Construction Products) - Herts / N London (with option of hybrid/homeworking 2-3 days per week)
A new vacancy for a Materials Engineer with leading international provider of performance testing, assessment & approval services to manufacturers of products and systems in the Construction industry.
The main responsibility of the Materials Engineer will be to manage multiple projects and prepare contract offers and estimates relating the investigation, assessment and approval of Construction Products.
In addition, you will be required to research and investigate aspects of construction product performance.
You will also regularly converse with clients, ensuring maintenance of a good quality service and standards, at all times.
* Research and investigate aspects of construction performance
* Assess fitness for purpose of products within contract periods and price estimates
* Co-ordinate work and activities involved in assessments, including sub-contracting work
* Carry our approval maintenance tasks including assessment of factory surveillance reports
Desired Skills & Technical Expertise:
* BSc or above in Materials Science discipline (Polymer Technology, Chemistry, Physics, Materials Engineering)
* Experience with Building Products OR in Materials Development/Materials Testing