Mechanical Construction Engineer
Management and coordination of all the elements of mechanical plant and equipment installation. Processing isometrics and drawings in accordance with project requirements and issuing construction packages to the installation supervisors including availability of approved RAMS, permits and lifting plans. Supporting the development of 4 and 6 week look-ahead's based on the programme and milestones. Coordinating plant and equipment installation, inclusive of sub-contract activities and ensuring all scaffolding and tools are readily available. Reviewing and reporting the weekly progress against the programme with the M, E & I Installation Manager.
Skills and Experience
• At least 7 Years' experience of fulfilling a mechanical engineering role on Construction projects.
• Previous experience of project delivery on a nuclear site.
• Formal qualification in Mechanical Engineering (minimum HNC) or equivalent experience.
• Good knowledge of Mechanical Engineering practices and ability to follow drawings and specifications.
• IOSH Managing Safely.
• Holder of a valid competency card.
• Proven ability to manage a small team of supervisors and blue collar ops and sub-contractors.
• Experience of nuclaer procedures an advantage.
• Previous experience of working with Shield Doors, Gamma gates and Kuka robot equipment an advantage.
• Previous experience working on the installation of bogey & rail systems in a nuclear environment an advantage.
• Previous experience of working with and on EOTC Cranes an advantage.
• Good communication skills.
• Relevant Microsoft Office packages.
The ability to obtain BPSS is essential for this role.
Millbank Holdings Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity, we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons who are eligible to live and work in the UK. Millbank is proud to be a member of the ‘Disability Confident Scheme'. Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business