Trainee Assessor - Civil Engineering / Construction
Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
Salary Negotiable DOE
Our client is a Training Sector organisation who specialise in developing qualifications for the Construction and Civil Engineering sectors. They develop a range of industry qualifications including Apprenticeships, which are developed and assessed by sector specialists with real industry knowledge.
They currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Trainee Assessor to join their organisation, and are inviting applications from candidates who have relevant qualifications and at least 1-2 years experience in any of the following disciplines:
* Building engineering
* Architectural technology
* Civil Engineering
* Welding/Steel fabrication
* Non-destructive testing NDT
* Energy Management
The role will be initially office based (Leaminton Spa) to facilitiate Training and Development. After 6 months a review will then look at Hybrid or home based working.
The main duties of the job will involve the development of a range of construction/engineering related end point assessments, that relate to your specific area of expertise. You will be involved in developing the following material:
* Writing questions for Knowledge Tests
* Developing Professional Discussion/Interviews
* Designing Practical Specifications
* Preparing and maintaining official company documentation for these assessments
A major part of the role is being able to independently research subjects and produce appropriate content for apprentices to be assessed on. In addition to development work, the job will entail some IT/administrative tasks to support the smooth running of assessments.
You would also be expected to continuously review and maintain their work in line with company procedures.
* Over time the role will evolve, and you would be given the responsibility of managing assessment projects for a number of training providers/colleges and related employers across a wide range of construction subjects.
* You would also liaise with consultant assessors to plan and manage their work (management)
* The future of the role would also include taking on your own caseload of apprentices to assess. Apprentices are based all over the UK, so flexibility to travel is required.
* An assessor qualification to allow them to work towards the end goal of assessing apprentices on subjects within their construction knowledge and experience.
* Option of further training to expand the number of standards (Construnction / Engineering subjects) that they you potentially assess.
* Opportunity to gain a level of professional recognition in your area of expertise e.g. Eng. Tech, I. Eng, C.Eng#
* The nature of the job will also provide an opportunity to continuously maintain your Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
Applicants will ideally be qualified to HND or degree level (or equivalent), have good IT and communication skills, and be interested in moving into the Education and Training side of the industry.
Please apply if you want to discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail