Estimator (Civil Engineer)
Salary: £negotiable DOE + benefits package
Gibson Recruitment Limited
We are delighted to be working on behalf of an established contractor to recruit an Estimator on a permanent basis. Our client has a solid pipeline of projects and a growing team specialising predominantly in industrial building and civils projects.
The business has very recently profited from additional contracts awarded by their highly valued client network.
The successful candidate will be passionate and committed to delivering excellence.
This role would suit a Civil Site Engineer who is keen to progress their career down the commercial Estimating route, or an already experienced building or civil engineering estimator.
• Develop the skills required to input estimates into the Clients estimating models
• Actively engage and develop long term relationships with key supply chain organisations
• Interacting with the wider business including Procurement and Engineering to maximise offering
• Constructively challenging the supply chain to achieve the optimum solutions
• Developing innovative approaches where appropriate enhance our negotiated position
• Identify opportunities for margin growth
• Participate in post project reviews and audits
• Manage the successful handover of estimates to delivery teams following successful Client negotiation and agreement
• Maintain awareness of current health, safety and environmental requirements and changes
• Collate targeted feedback on successful projects and provide feedback for future bids
• Establish and maintain data base of key relevant cost data
What to do next:
If this role sounds of interest and you would like to be considered, please apply with your updated CV, or contact Graeme on the details below.
If this role is not for you but you would like to have a conversation regarding your next career move, do not hesitate to give us a call, in confidence.