Peace Recruitment has a rare opportunity for an experienced Civil Engineer
to join a well-established, family-owned housebuilder! Salary: £40K to £60K (DOE) + Car Allowance + Package Location: Perth (Hybrid Working) Industry: Housebuilding
Our client has built a reputation of quality and as a builder of fine homes. They have strong values and shared ambition in the housing industry.
Civil engineering underpins the delivery of their housing developments and the infrastructure we install provides the foundations for building sustainable communities.
This post is an extremely varied and exciting opportunity to join their team. You will play a key role providing civil engineering leadership and technical guidance in support of all their other organisational objectives.
To be part of a progressive organisation where you will work with a diverse group of talented employees and professionals. Our benefits include a generous salary, holiday entitlement, pension, car allowance, development opportunities, flexible working arrangements and membership of an appropriate body.Key Roles
You will manage engineering aspects of our housing developments, providing technical advice, supervising staff and civil engineering sub-contractors on site. This includes ensuring their contracts are completed on time and within budget. You will also review the specification and design produced both in-house and by our appointed consultants.
You will typically have come from a civil, structural or engineering background and manage contracts relating to the construction of roads, sewers, waste water pumping stations, small bridging structures and multi-utility services installations. In addition you will also be experienced in the design, detail and construction of foundations and earthworks.
Key tasks of the job include:
- managing parts of our construction projects
- overseeing building work on site
- liaising with company appointed consultant engineers and other professional consultants
- controlling the setting out associated with each contract
- checking technical designs and drawings to ensure that they are robust and followed correctly
- ensuring project packages meet agreed specifications, budgets and/or timescales
- liaising with subcontractors and other professional staff, our quantity surveyor, buyer and the development managers
- managing the procurement and installation of public and private utilities (e.g. water and electricity etc.)
- providing technical advice and solving problems on site
- liaising with our quantity surveyor and buyer regarding the procurement of materials
- ensuring health and safety legislation and environmental requirements are adhered to including the appoint of EcOWs.
The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to develop into to a more senior position within the management of the company. Qualifications and training required
Ideally you should be a university or college graduate with an accredited degree or qualification in civil engineering with a minimum of 5 years-experience. If not already qualified you will be working towards a professional qualification with the most appropriate professional body (such as the Institution of Civil Engineers). This will either be incorporated or chartered status, depending on whether you have a BEng or an MEng/MSc. Key skills
- Commercial awareness
- Team working and relationship-building skills
- Communication skills
- Technical skills
- Quality awareness
- Problem solving
- Leadership and management