The primary responsibility of the Development Manager is completing the entitlement and permitting of projects on time and within budget.
roles and responsibilities
- Perform site analysis, zoning, and municipal research Create project soft cost budgets and development timelines Solicit bids for third party contractors; effectively manage their work; and accurately account for their invoicing Accountable for ensuring that development related legal obligations and notices are met Facilitate as-built plans and pre/post construction ALTA surveys Manage entitlement process and be accountable for schedule and budget shifts/updates Attend and present at public meetings Address all comments individually or with assistance from project consultants Prepare check and bond requests to ensure all permits are delivered on time Facilitate and coordinate pass off meetings between departments Review and process project invoices and other job-related expenses Update company on project statuses Communicate project details to team members and company departments Support company departments with project related tasks Pursue repayment of escrows, bonds, letters of credit and cash deposits Successfully close out projects Other duties as required
- Knowledge of municipal and development processes
- Self-motivated and driven to deliver quality projects
- Capable of multi-tasking and managing multiple projects at one time
- Ability to overcome challenges and to stay calm under pressure
- Strong public speaking skills
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Proven ability to establish and maintain good relationships Ability to effectively communicate with owners, staff, and tenants Strong written and verbal communication skills Computer literacy, record keeping, and strong leadership abilities are also required.
To be successful in the position you must driven to produce quality projects on time and within budget.