The Aviation Department of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is currently seeking an experienced Senior Airport Architect/Engineer to join the aviation planning team that will help transform The Port Authority’s airports into world-class 21st Century airports. The successful candidate will have broad understanding in the following aviation planning disciplines: landside, terminal and airside.
The Senior Airport Architect/Engineer will be responsible for:
- Preparation and delivery of a wide variety of airport planning projects and technical reports encompassing landside, terminal, airside and support facilities components for all five (5) airports (JFK, EWR, LGA, TEB & SWF) in the Port Authority’s airport system.
- Planning deliverables including but not limited to airport elements deficiency identification, flight day activities scheduling & profiles, facilities requirements, alternatives development, conceptual & functional plans, capacity & demand analyses, feasibility study, alternative evaluation process & recommendation, as well as capital plan formulations.
- Developing, overseeing and analyzing airport simulation models (landside, terminal and airside).
- Preparation of internal and external stakeholder presentations and briefing materials.
- Coordinating with FAA and other stakeholders for the preparation of Airport Layout Plan(ALP) updates for projects submission; developing site development plan and lease exhibits to support business development; preparing TAA review and operations maps supporting airport operations.
- Providing planning technical support for airport operations and technical guidelines on land use, airport zoning, airport planning standards and other applicable planning code & criteria for PA & tenant projects.
- The applicant must be able to travel to all Port Authority airports, as needed