Duties/Responsibilities EMCOR UK are proud to be offering a Full Time Permanent position for a Senior Energy Engineer within our on-site Technical team investigating energy efficiencies across the GSK Stevenage Research Campus. Job Purpose:
The Energy Engineer position will focus on the identification and quantification of energy and water efficiency opportunities associated with new and existing buildings across all systems, equipment and energy producing structures including, but not limited to, HVAC and central energy plants, lighting, controls, and automation.
Energy Engineer will be responsible for the proposal, development and evaluation of energy-related projects or programs delivered by EMCOR to reduce energy costs and/or improve energy / water efficiency. Responsibilities:
- Perform on-site energy efficiency audits that are focused on HVAC / Utility systems and associated control systems and lighting energy efficiency opportunities
- Analyse potential opportunities, create proposals and present findings to client.
- Work with site operation team to optimise system performance i.e. via BMS setting optimisation.
- Recommend system operations based on current client needs and building usage.
- Research emerging technologies and standards for implementation into company practice and project implementation
- Conduct site visits to verify installation and operation of technologies including ownership of site metering systems
- Co-ordinate and inspect on-site work and installations performed by suppliers, consultants and contractors
- Work with project site staff, client staff and maintenance teams to ensure accurate operation within design parameters
- Work with Energy Data Analyst to review consumption before, during and after implementation phases
- Hosting of contractors and consultants during site visits / surveys.
- Experience in similar role or field. (Desirable)
- Experience in facilities/utilities operation and maintenance. Required system experience: HVAC, Steam generation systems, Chilled water generation.
- Experience in Refrigeration systems and F-Gas / Natural refrigerant applications an advantage
- Building Services Degree qualified or working towards (Desirable)
- Knowledge of BMS systems is essential and proficiency with Metasys with access to modify code desirable.
- Project management skills (change control, budgets, planning and tracking)
- Energy management - CEM qualified or equivalent desirable
Benefits • 25 days annual leave
• Pension schemes
• Cycle scheme
• Company sick pay
• Flexible Working policy where applicable and feasible
• Personal Development opportunities: our appraisal process is designed to identify your training needs and the personal development goals needed to progress your career.
• Discount on GSK Products in Onsite shop (Aqua fresh, Sensodyne, Voltarol,… )
• In Learning with Lynda.com content (Linked in Learning), Career Innovation, Leading Edge - online platforms for professional development and growth
• Creating Balance;
our steering group promotes Diversity and Inclusion throughout our business.
• Mental Health and Wellbeing;
Mind is our EMCOR UK charity, and as such mental health and wellbeing is an important topic for us. To support this we have an Employee assistance programme available to you with free advice on dealing with personal problems such as; debt, legal issues, relationships, addictions and stress.
• Charitable Giving and Community;
we offer two days off per annum for you to support your chosen charity.
• Recognising Excellence;
our annual Employee Excellence Awards are designed to recognise and reward individuals or teams for their outstanding contribution and performance at work. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.