Our client a EPC company is looking for an electrical construction engineer to join their team on a contract basis in their office in Basingstoke. The role is offered with a hourly rate through PAYE inside IR35 & are looking for someone to start ASAP. Job overview -
This is an exciting time in the UK and the international energy business with the opportunity to develop skills and capabilities in the new technologies on dynamic projects as they support the international community moving towards a 'net zero' future. If you want to be part of driving this change join them.
They operates a smartworking policy allowing personnel to work for up to 12 working days/month from home or a similar secure location and this 12 days can be available even where personnel are on leave for a portion of the month. As such they expect a minimum of 60% home working to be available for individuals who wish to take advantage of this. Requirements -
Qualifications & experience -
- Experience in FEED and Detail Engineering projects for Oil & Gas (on-shore & off-shore).
- Technically competent in all aspects of electrical engineering (MV and LV Power Distribution and control).
- Experience in electrical equipment sizing calculation, reports and specifications
- Design of power distribution systems for electrical networks
- Electrical equipment specifications/datasheets for MCCs, MV and LV switchboards, asynchronous and synchronous generators, soft start units, VSDs, UPS systems, transformers, NER
- Schematics for switchboards, MCCs, generation systems and auxiliary equipment; substation, switch room and plant layout design
- Electrical distribution surveys for on-shore HV and LV networks
- Preparation of requisitions for electrical equipment
- Fully conversant with IEC standards and "Oil & Gas" standard practices and specification/standards (e.g. IOGP).
- Degree / Masters of Electrical Engineering.
- Member of a relevant Institution, Preferred Chartered Eng.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.