PROJECT MANAGER – TRANSPORTATION ENGINEER
Mattern & Craig is an employee-owned, professional engineering and surveying firm established in 1978. We serve both public and private clients primarily in VA, TN, NC, and SC.
We are looking for a motivated individual for a Project Manager position in the transportation division of our Roanoke office serving the Roanoke and Western VA market. The focus of the position is managing Virginia Department of Transportation and municipal roadway and related projects.
- Manage multiple transportation design projects.
- Develop project schedules and budgets.
- Supervise design team members.
- Provide quality assurance for meeting design criteria and regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the development of Statements of Qualifications (SOQ), technical proposals and presentations; and responsibly coordinating with clients, sub-consultants, government, and regulatory agencies.
- Participate in some business development activities.
- VA Registered PE required or ability to obtain licensure within 6 months
- BSCE from ABET accredited engineering program
- Previous client and project development experience, excellent communication skills and a willingness to lead a team is highly valued.
- Minimum of 12 years of technical experience; 5 years’ experience in project management and client services
- Proficiency with VDOT methodology and working knowledge of design plan preparation using Open Roads Design, GEOPAK and MicroStation
- Experience with VDOT projects is highly desired but equivalent experience in other DOT work will be considered.
- Excellent engineering design skills
- Experience with VDOT and municipalities is a plus
Mattern & Craig offers a competitive benefits package, including ESOP and 401K retirement plans, and a growth-oriented environment. If you are interested in an excellent opportunity to join a winning team, please e-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE.
For more information about our company, visit www.matternandcraig.com.