Mattern & Craig is an employee-owned, professional engineering and surveying firm established in 1978. We serve both public and private clients primarily in VA, TN, NC, and SC. We are looking for a motivated individual for a Traffic Engineer in our Hickory, NC office.
The position will involve work including but not limited to: feasibility studies, traffic studies (TIA’s/TIS’s) safety audits, signal warrant analyses, traffic signal design, roadway lighting design, roadway signage design, pavement marking/marker design, traffic control plans, traffic calming design, and traffic operational analyses. This is a full-time position with project management and personnel-management responsibilities.
- North Carolina Registered Professional Engineer (PE) preferred or ability to obtain a PE within 1 year.
- BSCE or equivalent from ABET accredited engineering program
- Excellent engineering design, written, oral, and communication skills
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in traffic engineering
- Proficiency using Microstation, Synchro with SimTraffic, Sidra, GuideSign, Agi32
- Experience with NCDOT and NC municipalities is highly desired
Mattern & Craig offers a competitive benefits package, including ESOP and 401K retirement plans, and a growth-oriented environment. If you are interested in an excellent opportunity to join a winning team, please e-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE.
For more information about our company, please visit www.matternandcraig.com