Mattern & Craig is an employee-owned, professional engineering and surveying firm established in 1978. We serve both public and private clients primarily in VA, TN, NC, and SC.
We are looking for a motivated individual for a Transportation Engineer in our Charleston and Lowcountry area of the South Carolina market. The focus of the position is managing South Carolina Department of Transportation and municipal roadway and related projects.
- Assigned multiple transportation design projects and related tasks.
- Adhere to project schedules and budgets.
- Work with other design team members.
- Provide quality assurance for meeting design criteria and regulatory requirements.
- May assist in the development of technical proposals and presentations; and responsibly coordinating with clients, sub-consultants, government, and regulatory agencies.
- Attendance at meetings outside of the workplace outside normal business hours may be required at times.
- SC Registered PE preferred or ability to obtain licensure within 6 months
- BSCE from ABET accredited engineering program
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in transportation and highway engineering design.
- Proficiency with SCDOT methodology and working knowledge of design plan preparation using GEOPAK and MicroStation
- Experience with SCDOT projects is highly desired but equivalent experience in other DOT work will be considered.
- Excellent engineering design skills
- Experience with SCDOT and municipalities is a plus
Mattern & Craig offers a competitive benefits package, including ESOP and 401K retirement plans, and a growth-oriented environment. If you are interested in an excellent opportunity to join a winning team, please e-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE.
For more information about our company, please visit www.matternandcraig.com