PROJECT MANAGER – TRANSPORTATION ENGINEER
Mattern & Craig is an employee-owned, professional engineering and surveying firm established in 1978. We serve both public and private clients primarily in VA, TN, NC, and SC.
We are looking for a motivated individual for a Project Manager position in our transportation division in our Asheville and Western North Carolina market. The focus of the position is managing North Carolina Department of Transportation and municipal roadway and related projects.
- Manage multiple transportation design projects.
- Develop project schedules and budgets.
- Supervise design team members.
- Provide quality assurance for meeting design criteria and regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the development of Statements of Qualifications (SOQ), technical proposals and presentations; and responsibly coordinating with clients, sub-consultants, government, and regulatory agencies.
- Participate in some business development activities.
- NC Registered PE preferred or ability to obtain licensure within 6 months
- BSCE from ABET accredited engineering program
- Previous client and project development experience, excellent communication skills and a willingness to lead a team is highly valued.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in project management and client services
- Proficiency with NCDOT methodology and working knowledge of design plan preparation using GEOPAK and MicroStation
- Experience with NCDOT projects is highly desired but equivalent experience in other DOT work will be considered.
- Excellent engineering design skills
- Experience with NCDOT and municipalities is a plus
Mattern & Craig offers a competitive benefits package, including ESOP and 401K retirement plans, and a growth-oriented environment. If you are interested in an excellent opportunity to join a winning team, please e-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE.
For more information about our company, visit our website at www.matternandcraig.com.