Our clients, an established consultancy based in York, are looking to appoint a Senior Civil Engineer to join their team. This role will also incorporate Flood Risk and Drainage Engineering.
There is flexibility in working from home in this role. As a Senior Civil Engineer your role will involve:
To be considered for the Senior Civil Engineer role you must have:
- Undertake site viability assessments and walkover surveys, flood risk assessments, sustainable surface and foul water drainage designs, and commissioning surveys as required
- You will liaise with developers/clients, consult with regulators and planning authorities and work with inter-disciplinary teams
- Implementing the National Planning Policy Framework, Building Regulations, Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations, Water UK Sewerage Sector Guidance and/or Sewers for Adoption, the SuDS Manual, the Non-Statutory Standards for Sustainable Drainage and other development-related guidance and standards in your work.
- Working with developers and local authorities to agree on pragmatic solutions to flooding risk and drainage constraints.
- You will have a strong technical appreciation of hydrology, hydraulic modelling (fluvial and sewer), drainage and other aspects related to infrastructure delivery.
- An engineering or science-related degree or equivalent, be chartered or working towards this status with the ICE or CIWEM.
- Infrastructure planning and delivery are associated with site development including residential, renewable energy and commercial sectors.
- Outline and detailed drainage (surface and foul) design for residential/renewable energy/ commercial developments at a range of scales using WinDES Micro Drainage/ Infoworks / Causeway or equivalent software packages
- Consultations with various authorities (e.g. Environment Agency, Lead Local Flood Authorities, Internal Drainage Boards and Drainage Undertakers) regarding flood risk and drainage design.
- 3D earthworks modelling using PDS or similar
- ArcGIS and AutoCAD applications
- Undertaking flood risk assessments
- Hydrological Assessment and Hydraulic Modelling using WINFAP-FEH and Flood Modeller software packages
- A valid UK driving licence
As a Senior Civil Engineer, you'll be required to work: Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm with flexible working hours and some remote work. Our client is offering the successful Senior Civil Engineer:
Due to the high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
- £35,000 basic salary
- Company laptop
- Company mobile
- The use of a company pool car for site visits
- 30 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays with an additional day credited for every year of service up to five years)
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd who is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.