Start your career as a Junior Engineer (Civil) with an industry-leading water and wastewater utility. East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD) offers state-of-the-art engineering and challenging assignments in a wide range of engineering specialties:
• Civil / Structural Design
• Construction Management
• Pipeline Design
• Raw Water Supply and Reservoir Operations
• Wastewater - Environmental Engineering, Process Engineering, Planning, and Design
• Water Distribution Planning
• Water Recycling
• Water Resources
• Water Treatment Support & Water Quality Study – Process Engineering
EBMUD also offers excellent preparation for professional registration and stable career opportunities. A Junior Engineer (Civil) is the entry level on the EBMUD professional civil engineering career ladder. All assignments are under the direct supervision of registered engineers and provide qualifying experience for professional registration. Junior Engineers in most departments will participate in a cross-training rotational program to broaden their skills and knowledge of EBMUD’s engineering functions and operational needs outside of their regularly assigned work unit.
With successful performance, incumbents normally advance to Assistant Engineer (Civil) ($123,480 - $150,096) shortly after two years with no working experience and shortly after one year with previous working experience and/or an advanced degree (e.g., masters). With further experience and registration, incumbents will qualify to compete for promotions to an Associate Civil Engineer ($136,344 - $165,732).
The salary range is for Junior Engineer is $8,875 per month increasing to $9,319, $9,785, $10,274, and $10,788 after 6, 18, 30, and 42 months, respectively.
EBMUD offers an excellent benefits program that includes: paid vacation, holidays and sick leave; family health insurance coverage; family dental and vision care plans; retirement plan (reciprocal with CalPERS); 401(k), 401(a) and 457(b) tax-deferred retirement plans; transit subsidy; tuition reimbursement; and opportunities for professional growth including training and career development.
1. Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited Civil Engineering, or Environmental Engineering curriculum, OR a California Engineer in Training (EIT) Certificate. (Expected graduation must be prior to December 31, 2022. Degrees may be verified at a later step in the process.)
2. No experience is required.
3. Must possess a valid California driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record.
Please note: EBMUD requires all employees to provide written proof of vaccination. Those employees with sincerely held religious beliefs or valid medical reasons, as determined by EBMUD, will be exempt from vaccination requirements. Contact EBMUD Human Resources for additional questions.
Submit a completed EBMUD application and the required supplemental question responses online at www.ebmud.com/jobs by 4:30 p.m., Friday, October 21, 2022. Only application materials submitted online during the filing period will be accepted.
EBMUD is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability