Role: Energy Solution Engineer
Location: Macnhester/ UK wide/ Hybrid
Duration: 6 months inital contract
Rates: Negotiable OUTSIDE IR35
We are recruiting for an experienced and driven Energy Solution Engineer to join our client.
As Energy Solution Engineer, you'll work within a growing Engineering team developing innovative Energy Efficiency and Carbon Net Zero projects for our customers. It's important that you enjoy working within a small engineering team and like stretching your capabilities beyond the daily norm e.g. customer ideation workshops, delivering innovation projects.
Key to this role will be to identify and develop the most appropriate solutions for supply (on-site generation) and demand side (energy efficiency) optimization projects, including technical feasibility, the assurance of appropriate supply chain, and the development of risk management measures.
You will get involved and lead site audits, perform cost and saving calculations, development of specs for subcontractors, developments of baseline, measurement and verification concepts and support technical solution design. The role will require travel throughout the UK and Ireland and be flexible for home-based working or a local Siemens office can be accessed.
- Engage with the people, understand the challenges, energy usage and patterns, how the plant operates and is controlled, how it provides & uses energy, compare the design to what is being used and upon delivering a detailed facility audit, to identify Facility Improvement Measures (FIMs).
- Coordinate and lead facility site visits and communicates with outside.
- Assists sales in identification and qualification of potential performance contracting projects.
- Leads in the development of preliminary and final performance contract proposals. Analyzes blue prints and performs site surveys to identify mechanical, electrical, and control system efficiencies and determine facility operational characteristics.
- Close interaction and cooperation with the Siemens European Energy Centre of Competence.
- Active monitoring for new trends and solutions in the market to improve the offerings.
What you need to make real what matters.
Excellent interpersonal skills, good work ethic, being team and customer orientated and taking a flexible approach to working will be key to this opportunity, as is:
- Experience in developing multi-technology solutions in the areas of Cooling, Heating, Air Compressors, Building Management systems, Metering, Lighting, Solar PV, CHP, Heat Pumps and energy storage > 3-5 years
- Experience with plant and control optimisation within the Public sector (Healthcare and universities) and Industrial sector buildings/sites.
- Certified Energy Manager / CMVP qualification is an advantage
- Excellent language skills in verbal and written English
- Experience of Distributed Energy Systems would be an advantage
- Proven record of engagement in Energy Performance Contracts is a strong requirement
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.