We are looking for an experienced, driven Junior engineer with industry knowledge. To ensure success, the ideal candidate should be comfortable splitting their hours between the office, on-site visits, and meetings. The Junior engineer should be a critical thinker and have sound subject knowledge of mathematics and physics to help identify and solve engineering problems. You must also possess a certain level of creativity in order to present innovative solutions and improvements to technical processes. The successful candidate will be able to effectively communicate ideas, make recommendations, and negotiate project details with their team, subcontractors, and clients.
Description of Duties:
- Study project plans, requirements and budgets Help design transportation, plumbing, sewer, utility and other public project layouts and systems
- Assist with preparing drawings and plans of project work
- Verify accuracy of measurements, materials specified, locations for placement of components and depths of grades
- Prepare applications and assemble exhibits for permit approvals
- Revise plans and drawings according to comments from regulatory agencies and other reviewers of plans
- Check plans for compliance with applicable regulations, contract specifications and engineering standards
- Process change orders and revisions to plans Report completion of work stages Inspect construction materials and work and report results to senior engineer
- Additional related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or similar
- Processes basic technical understanding of Port and Civil Systems
- Excellent communication skills Positive attitude
- This position requires 0 to 2 years of relevant engineering experience
- Knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Project and, AutoCAD, .
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates inside and outside year-round.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully preform the essential functions of this job. This position requires the ability to lift up to 20 pounds and stand for up to 8 hours.
Position Type/ Expected hours of work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work. Monday- Friday, 8AM- 5PM.