Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations.
Core to Bechtel are our values ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
Bechtel has a long tradition of technical and engineering excellence in supporting multiple industries. Our people use their ideas and ingenuity to create innovative, practical, and cost-effective solutions for our business and customers.
Bechtel's construction teams are proud of their role as builders, completing projects around the world - often under difficult conditions in challenging locations. Supervisors, superintendents, and field engineers are the on-site pros who bring a project to life. There is a world of career opportunities for Construction professionals at Bechtel, including field engineering, project estimating, scheduling & cost control, and craft supervision.
Civil Field Engineering Interns work in multi-disciplinary teams and provide design support for a variety of industry projects. The total number of hires and start dates are subject to workload and business conditions. Locations will vary based on project needs.
Bechtel is synonymous with construction. We have been a construction-driven company from the beginning. The industry is constantly changing, and the challenge must be met with innovative, self-starting field engineers who possess strong technical backgrounds and the ability to develop working relationships throughout the many facets of the organization.Profile
Field engineers at Bechtel provide technical direction to superintendents, craft workers or subcontractors to complete our projects safely, efficiently, and cost effectively, while meeting required technical and quality standards. As a field engineer at Bechtel, you'll have the opportunity to work in flexible roles in the office, on site or a mixture of both.General Job Duties
Construction interns are typically responsible for:
- Supporting the team to achieve project goals and milestones
- Helping coordinate contractors workthrough planning and execution
- Providing technical input on site, as appropriate
- Monitoring construction activities to ensure quality, project schedule adherence and compliance withdrawings, and specifications and codes, through regular inspections
- Conducting site visits for the purpose of producing daily reports of the work and/or subcontractor activities
- Preparing punch lists to track incomplete work
- Maintaining the highest level of safety awareness and ensure all tasks are completed to the highest safety standards
You will have a dedicated supervisor who will be responsible for providing you with a full and busy workload and ensuring we provide you with the best experience possible during your time with us.
- Setting personal goals to help you get the most out of your internship
- Working with a dedicated supervisor to ensure your workload challenges you
- Exposure to senior management through lunch and learn sessions and Q&As
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelorof Engineeringdegree program in Civil Engineering at an accredited college or university
- Possess the eligibility to work and remain in the UKwithout sponsorship now or in the future
- Ability and willingness to relocate and/or travel to domestic and/or international project jobsites
- Currently enrolled in a Master of Engineering degree program in Civil Engineering at an accredited college oruniversity
- Prior co-op or internship experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated teamwork skills
The position is open to United Kingdom (UK) Nationals only. Candidate must be able to obtain an SC security clearance.